2.5 million years of historical learning in the comfort of your school
If you are worried about having an in-school workshop during the Covid-19 crisis then please take a moment to read the following measures that I have taken to ensure that your pupils can still experience the excellent learning from one of my school workshops during this time.
In addition, I have also written my own Covid-19 risk assessment which you can download here.
1) BY FOLLOWING YOUR COVID-19 POLICY:
I will of course follow all your school's Covid-19 policy and guidelines whilst on your school site, from your social distancing measures to hand washing and any other measures you have introduced.
2) BY NOT PASSING TEACHING ITEMS AROUND:
Until the current guidance changes about sharing equipment among pupils, I will not pass any items around but rather they will be shown on a camera on the IWB (see below).
3) BY ADAPTING MY TEACHING METHODS:
I have adapted my teaching methods as follows:
- changing all my workshops to a front of class / front of hall presentation format while retaining a fun, interactive style.
- showing artefacts that would previously have been passed around on a camera via your interactive whiteboard.
- making all workshops available as a reduced rate half-day option to limit contact.
4) BY SANITISING ALL TEACHING EQUIPMENT BEFORE AND AFTER EACH USE:
Even though the equipment will not be handled by the pupils it will be sanitised before and after each use as a further covid-19 prevention strategy.
5) BY ALLOWING LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS WITH NO FEE
As I appreciate this is a changing situation, I have waived the usual cancellation fee, meaning that if at any point you would like to cancel the workshop you are welcome to do so (though 24hrs notice would be appreciated).